Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Grilled Salmon with Avocado

This is my new favorite way to make salmon.  I found this online a couple of months ago and this was my second time making it and I made a few very small changes from the original recipe and doubled it up since I had bought I large piece of salmon from Costco.  You got to love Costco!



It was one of those perfect dinners that I served with brown rice and roast broccoli.  It is even 21 Day Fix approved! :)  It is simple and quick to prepare and the lime in the avocado salsa on top of the salmon was the best!  My boys don't care for salmon so I grilled up a couple of chicken breasts and topped them with the avocado salsa and that was a huge hit with them!

Ingredients:

2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp pepper

Avocado Salsa
1 avocado, diced
1/2 small red onion, chopped
juice from 2 limes
1-2 tbsp chopped cilantro
salt to taste

Directions:
Mix olive oil, salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper together and rub/smear on salmon fillets.   Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Combine avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt and chill until ready to use.
Preheat grill.  Grill salmon to desired doneness.  ( I did about 5 min on each side)
Top with avocado salsa and enjoy!

It's 21 Day Fix Approved:  1 Red, 1 Blue
Whole30 Approved





No comments:

Post a Comment