Thursday, August 6, 2015

What's In Your Travel Carry On?

I don't know what it is about traveling but I always get hungry when I am flying.  And I have learned over the years to always carry some healthy options in my bag.  The worst thing is being unprepared. And let's face it isn't always easy to find quick  healthy options in an airport though thankfully Starbucks has given us some great options (oatmeal, egg white, spinach wraps and some great bento style boxes)!  But the lines can be long, it can be expensive  and you can't always count on there being a Starbucks.  We had an early, early morning flight today (5:30 am) and there was no Starbucks in the terminal not that that would have mattered since nothing was even open yet as we boarded the plane!

So here's what's in my carry on today as we are traveling across the country.



KIND Bars . . .  these are one of my favorite bars.  Just fruit and nuts and lots of yummy goodness.  I also keep them in my car for emergencies.  I love the Cranberry Almond but my new favorite is Blueberry Vanilla Cashew!

Trail Mix!  I don't typically buy trail mix because it's to eat to much but when traveling a handful of nuts and dried fruit is a perfect snack plus everyone seems to love it.  Just DON'T pick the ones with m&m's and other little candies - stick to nuts, seeds and dried fruit.

Greek yogurt!  It's a great source of protein and will help sustain you.  There have been airports where they haven't let me take the yogurt through but for the most part I've been fine.  The good news is you can also find Greek Yogurt with Berries and Granola in most airport food kiosks.

Fruit but I stick to apples and bananas. They travel so much better, they are less messy to eat on the run and a more satisfying fruit snack.

And make sure to drink LOTS of water.



No comments:

Post a Comment