Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Healthy In and Out Burger

My family's favorite fast food is In and Out.  They are actually building an In and Out in our town and my 16 year old just applied for his first job there . . . it's the free burger everyday that got him!  :)

I found this recipe on dashingdish.com  I would recommend checking it out - she has some great healthy recipe options!  I think the thing that makes this recipe so unique and delicious is the secret sauce!!

I doubled the recipe (remember I have 2 boys whose favorite meal is IN and OUT) which worked out great because I had one of the burgers for lunch!

Ingredients:
  • 1 llb of lean ground turkey or lean ground beef (I used ground beef)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
  • 4 slices of cheese of your choice (I did cheddar)
  • 2 large tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 head of iceberg lettuce, leaves removed


Mix the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and worcestershire sauce in to the meat and form 4 patties.  Grill patties on the grill or skillet  cook until no longer pink on the inside. About 3-5 minutes per side. Place one piece of cheese over each burger during the last minute of grilling.
Secret Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup hummus of your choice (I would recommend regular)
  • 3 tbs ketchup
  • 1 tsp mustard
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1 tbs pickle relish
Mix everything in small bowl for the sauce and chill.

Place patties on lettuce wrap (or bun) and top with tomato and secret sauce and enjoy!
21 Day Fix = 1 RED, 1 BLUE, 1 GREEN

    No comments:

    Post a Comment