Sunday, May 3, 2015

Plan for the Week

Since returning from Cancun 2 weeks ago I have not been on my game when it comes to planning out my meals for the week.  Which means very often at 5:00 in the afternoon I am trying to figure out what to cook for dinner and with a family of 5 that is NOT the time to be doing it.  I go to the grocery store unprepared and return with lots of food but not necessarily what I need to make, what I was thinking about making.    I took about 20 minutes, planned out dinners for the week and got my shopping list done.  I already feel better and I haven't yet hit the grocery store!

Today I am also back on track not just with planning my meals for the week but I am going back to my 21 Day Fix containers for the week just to get me more balanced in what I eat each day.  I eat healthy - that's not my problem.  My problem is I tend to eat more carbs than fruits and veggies and my portions start to get out of whack.  These past couple of weeks my energy levels are down, I'm not drinking enough water and my weight started creeping up just a little bit but at my age it goes right to the mid-section.  I had the vacation goal of Cancun for the last couple of months and that  helped me stay on track.  That is why goals are so important. We don't have any big events coming up so my NEW GOAL is SUMMER and I want to feel back to myself and it's such an easy fix . . . just pull out my containers and make sure my meals are planned out.  I need that balance back in my diet and that is what I LOVE about the 21 day FIX . . . balance!

I am also going back to the 21 Day Fix EXTREME workouts for the next 3 weeks.  The Extreme workouts did so much for my body and I really loved how I felt.  The last couple of weeks I have been switching it up each day with my workouts which has been super fun but I am the type of person that does much better when I am following a schedule.  One of the reasons I love these programs - they all come with a schedule and if you follow it paired with healthy eating plan and you will see results!

It comes down to finding what works for you, getting on a plan and having the support and accountability so you stick with it!  That's why I love my challenge groups - that's what we do we support each other and I provide the accountability, meal plan, recipes and tips for everyone to see it through to the end with results. 

I am sharing my dinner meal plan for this week with you to inspire you and motivate you. All the recipes are located in the recipe section on my blog.  I don't always plan out my breakfast, lunch and snacks because I am consistent with those meals and those are just for me! BUT for dinner I need to have a plan because I am feeding my family as well.  Dinners in our house are healthy, simple and the ENTIRE family eats what I make - that is the key!


I have a 30 day online support and accountability group starting May 18.  If you want to join or learn more about my group fill in the form below and let's connect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment