Sunday, December 27, 2015

New Year, New You . . . Ring in the New Year Working on Your Health and Fitness

For years my New Years resolution/goals were to get in shape and lose weight.  I would think about joining a gym or finding a class, I remember going out for a run or two the week between Christmas and New Years BUT nothing would stick, long term.  And come the following new year those same resolutions/goals were on my list!

That ended a few years ago when I had a mind shift in my thinking.  I was tired of my clothes not fitting and I was embarrassed at my own lack of fitness.  I used to run marathons and at that point I couldn't even run a mile!!  I didn't even want to go take a class or go to the gym because then others would see me.  Sure my clothes weren't fitting anymore but what really was upsetting to me was how I had just let my health and fitness go.  It wasn't intentional, it was being a busy mom I just didn't make the time or even thought I could find the time to take care of me.  I was not a priority.  

One day I decided enough was enough.  Summer was coming and I wanted to be fit again.  I searched for something I could do at home where no one could see me.  I was skeptical over working out to a DVD in home program but nothing else was working so why not? I loved that I could go into my garage. on my own time looking as crazy as ever and it didn't matter because it was just me.  Some days were so hard, I would have to pause the dvd and just sit on the floor for a few minutes.  I could not believe how out of shape I had gotten!!  This madness had to end!  I was committed and determined.  I even took a before photo which to this day shocks me!

I talked my best friend into doing this with me (in her own living room) and together we decided to not just exercise but change up our nutrition.  For years I had thought exercise was enough . . . . it is not!!!  I began to switch to healthier food choices, logged what I ate everyday, committed to get my workout done everyday and I checked in with my friend everyday . . . accountability!!!  And after just a couple of weeks things started to change . . . I was losing weight BUT more than that I had more energy and felt so good. I felt a sense of accomplishment, I felt happy and confident.  I had originally set a small goal of 5 pounds so I wouldn't get easily discouraged.  At the end of 3 months I had lost over 15 pounds and learned making myself a priority actually made me a better wife and mom! 

There were hard days a long the way but long term habits were formed and I learned just how important support and accountability were . . . I am certain that without it I would not have completed that first program.  Living a healthy lifestyle is part of who I am.   And now I get to  help other women change their lives with fitness, healthy eating and support and accountability they need to be successful!!!

I invite you to join my NEW YEAR, NEW YOU online fitness and nutrition support group beginning Jan 4!!!  The first week will be all about setting you up with a plan and getting you ready and GAME is all ON Jan 11 with workouts and a healthy nutrition plan.  Each week their will be a new focus and task for you on your nutrition.  We will focus on healthy eating with the correct portion sizes and working out with a fitness program that meets your goals.  Each participant will be required to replace 1 meal day with Shakeology.  My goal is to teach you how to make eating healthy and exercise part of your everyday routine . . . this is a lifestyle change not a crash diet.  I will teach you how to slowly transition your nutrition and fitness into this lifestyle change over the course of 8 weeks, I will provide you with meal plans, recipes, snack ideas motivation, tips and accountability.  Each day you will  check in with the group to find a tip from me and motivation and you will have accountability and support from the group and this will be the key to keeping you on track!!

If you are ready for a change, ready to make this year the year of your health and fitness, ready to make you a priority than this is group is FOR YOU!!  

Honestly, I could not imagine getting healthy and fit any other way!!  I am in the best shape of my life . . . inside and out because of these programs and I can't wait to help you make this your year!!

If you are interested please fill in the form below or email me at marciadeangelis@sbcglobal.net or connect with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/marciadriscolldeangelis 


Sign up for Challenge Group

* indicates required
What are you interested in?

No comments:

Post a Comment