Sunday, October 4, 2015

Have A Plan and Connect with Your Kids

I spent the last 2 days in Texas doing college visits with my daughter which is super exciting, fun and stressful all wrapped up in one!  And it's a little surreal!  It doesn't seem that long ago that I was visiting colleges for me and now I am actually looking at schools for my own kid!!

Here's the thing the time does go so fast.  It sounds so cliche to say that, I mean everyone tells you that but when you are in the midst of raising a family you often don't feel that so much.  We are all just getting through the chaos of everyday living - the homework, practices, games, work, laundry, and picking up the house.  This weekend was a reminder to me to pause the chaos of life everyday and engage with my kids even if just for a few minutes.

One of the best ways to make sure we all connect is over dinner each night.  Not everyone is always home to all sit down together but if I can make sure there is dinner there is a pretty good chance we will connect.  Food is a unifying force.  LOL

The best way to ensure I am on my game with meals each week is to plan so I spent sometime on the plane ride home yesterday meal planning for the week. Today I did a quick shopping to be ready for the week ahead and even baked banana bread! :)

I am all about clean healthy eating.  It can be simple and easy so I am attaching my meal plan for the week to hopefully inspire you and give you some ideas.  Connect with me on Facebook or comment below if you would like a recipe or two.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment