Friday, January 13, 2017

Overnight Banana Chia Pudding

I have never bought chia seeds before.  Heck, I have never eaten chia seeds before and quite honestly didn't know much about the health benefits of chia seeds.  For those of you who are curious chia seeds are a superfood rich in fiber omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals.

I found this recipe online for Chia Banana Pudding and decided to give it a go.  I've been having a variety of eggs or shakeology (yes, this is the one thing I have modified to fit my whole30 plan) and I'm actually surprised at how creative I've gotten with my eggs but this sounded like such a yummy healthy breakfast option I decided to give it a go.  And I loved that you make it overnight so BAM there it is already in the morning!

The verdict . . . amazing!!!  I topped mine with raspberries, blueberries and almond butter and I made two so tomorrow morning I think I will try raisins, sliced banana and almond butter.  The mashed banana in the pudding is a natural sweetener and the fruit on top just makes it hearty and yummy!!  I was full all morning. No sugar, no grains, no dairy . . . . amazing! :)

Overnight Banana Chia Pudding

  • 1/2 banana, mashed
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • ground cinnamon, just a pinch
  • salt, just a pinch
  • 3 tablespoons Chai seeds

Mash the banana in bowl, add almond milk, cinnamon and salt and mix until combined.  Stir in chia seeds, cover and refrigerator overnight.

In the morning top with your choice of toppings! Enjoy.








***For those doing the Whole30, Chia seed aren't in the same family of seed with grains and legumes so they are allowed but treat them like nuts and consume them in limited quantities.


No comments:

Post a Comment