Wednesday, February 1, 2017

My Whole30 Wrap Up

Today is Day 30 of Whole30 - we are in the final hours so why is the last day the hardest one?! Why do I feel hungrier than I have in weeks?! I think it's because I am beginning to think about what I want to add back into my diet.

The last 30 days felt near impossible that first week, and empowering the last few weeks. I have cooked more this month and for the most part enjoyed it as well the food! I have tried new recipes some of which our keepers and some not to be cooked again. I have loved the variety of vegetables, meats and fruits we have been eating and many foods I have found will stay as staples in our pantry and fridge. I have surprisedly not missed the wine, dairy, sugar and for the most part grains though a slice of pizza sounds amazing right now!

My energy level is high. My workouts are great and I never felt fatigued! A little hangry at times but that was only really the first week.

So what happens tomorrow?  My husband and I are going to step on the scale tomorrow morning and see what (if any) was lost though that was not our primary reason for doing Whole30. We went in this to reset our nutrition and get back on track. My jeans fit perfect, the fluff around my mid-section is gone and I feel so much better then I did on Jan 1! The big question is when and what foods to start reintroducing. We aren't rushing into anything and certainly not planning on going back to old habits! We have decided to live at least a partial Whole30 lifestyle limiting our grains and dairy and sticking with no or very sugar. Enjoying a cocktail or glass of wine but just not daily. :)

 We are going to go out to dinner tomorrow night and toast to what we accomplished. A few months ago I would have and actually did say "no way" to this program.  I wasn't ready or felt I needed it but by year end I felt sluggish, my clothes weren't fitting quite so well and I had some bad eating habits that had resurfaced.  

I think the Whole30 is a great way to reset your nutrition but you have to be all in.  It's not a half way thing.  Is it hard . . . sure at times but change is hard.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment