Friday, January 20, 2017

Whole30 Update and Recipes

We are on Day 18 and the way we have been eating is beginning to feel like the new norm.  I am curious how I will feel on day 31 and I start to wonder what food will be the first to be added back in my diet but for now I am just really enjoying what I am feeding my body and honestly this past week I have had NO urges for any of the "off-limit" food groups.

I am exercising everyday which I believe is so important to not just your physical being but also your mental being. I feel strong, happy and my jeans are super easy to button.  Let's face it as women when we feel good in our clothes, life is pretty great!!  We stand a little taller, we walk with a skip in our step and our self confidence soars.  It doesn't even matter if the scale didn't move - it becomes how we feel inside when our clothes fit more comfortably.  Men don't get that but we women do! :)

So let's talk more about food choice, ideas and recipes.  I tried all new recipes this week - some were keepers and some my family politely told me I didn't need to make that again (Whole30 Italian meatballs)  LOL

My lunches were mostly salads this week.  It's so easy to do lettuce, veggies and top it with a protein.  I switched it up each day . . . . topped it with turkey burger, grilled shrimp and even egg salad.  I just toss with olive oil and lemon juice . . . I will never buy bottled dressing again!!  :)






So here were my favorite dinners this week and don't worry I am only sharing the family friendly ones!

Cauliflower fried rice . . . my husband was nervous but wasn't pleasantly surprised at how good this tasted.  I am not saying it was like PF Changs but it was pretty tasty option.  I didn't use the vegetables in the recipe I just pulled out the veggies I had in my fridge and used them - carrots, red pepper, mushroom, onion and I tossed in diced chicken as well the egg!  Get creative!



Perfectly Baked Salmon with Yams and Brussels Sprouts!!  I've made this salmon two times so far and it has come out perfect every time . . . it's so fast that this one will be in my weekly lineup! :)



Sloppy Joe's . . . . my family's favorite this week.  I was so sad, no leftovers!!  The secret ingredient were the dates and yes, I did say dates. They give it such a sweet taste.  I served it over yams and gave my kids their's on hamburger buns.  I think I eat yams almost every day! And I am making this again this coming week but doubling the recipe!



It's been chilly and rainy this week so I was looking for a soup recipe . . . . Butternut Squash Soup with Avocado Cream.  I liked it but the rest of the family wasn't wild about it.  The thing that made the soup was the avocado cream and actually my boys liked the avocado cream on quesadillas and it would be good for dipping carrots sticks or pepper slices as a Whole30 snack idea.



So less than 2 weeks to go and I will keep you updated.  I'm no Whole30 expert but I have been educating myself on this whole program and experience is one of the best teachers.  Feel free to email me at marciadeangelis@sbcglobal.net or message me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/marciadeangelisfitness/  any question or if you would like to be part of my FREE Whole30 support group.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment